June 19, 2014
(by Brooke Burgess) With a personal ‘patronage drive’ around my birthday, the funding for Book 1 in the new children’s fantasy series — The Shadowland Saga — was raised in less than 10 DAYS! Now, it’s time to sound the call beyond my walls and reach out to lovers of literature, classic children’s stories, and…CATS! Enter PUBSLUSH — the ‘Kickstarter’ for books:
- I’ll be raising all costs (layout, illustration, editing, audio, etc) for BOOK 2, and beyond!
- There will be more REWARDS for contributions, including $10 and $25 levels!
- You’ll be able to contribute with SECURE VISA/MC donations!
- 5% of every $ goes to Pubslush’s CHILDREN’S LITERACY charity!
- See DAILY TRACKING for goals, rewards, and compaign updates!
- ‘Stretch Goals’ for localized versions, and much, much more!
- Easy SHARING to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and all your social media!
At the very least, please take a few minutes to check out the campaign page. It’s got fresh content — project background, an interview, even a live chapter sample! — and, by clicking ‘I’M INTERESTED!’, you help build buzz on their main hub for the project.
And…for all of you who sent such generous and supportive gifts my way already?
Here’s a sassy Q&A follow-up, just for you <3
June 2, 2014
(by Brooke Burgess)
Q: What’s this all ABOUT?
Like the video says – I’m seeking support for my 5-book middle grade (8-12yrs) contemporary children’s fantasy series: The Shadowland Saga.
Q: What’s the quick and dirty way to donate?
PAYPAL or INTERAC e-PAYMENT (for Canucks) to my mail:
Q: Why not a formal KICKSTARTER/Indiegogo?
Scope. The stats show that the formal crowd-funding campaigns that tend to be the most successful are related to tech, games, film/TV, and content with established brands (I’m looking at you, Reading Rainbow). This is just a bunch of books – and the funding goal ain’t that high – so I wanted to keep the focus on close friends, industry peers, and hardcore fans of my previous work with this more personal approach.
Now…if the series takes off, and there’s a rabid audience eager to fund the launch of a full blown transmedia experience of the narrative world? Then you’ll see Shadowland on Kickstarter in a big way. Count on it.