Posts tagged ‘Fundraising’
June 2, 2014
(by Brooke Burgess)
Q: What’s this all ABOUT?
Like the video says – I’m seeking support for my 5-book middle grade (8-12yrs) contemporary children’s fantasy series: The Shadowland Saga.
Q: What’s the quick and dirty way to donate?
PAYPAL or INTERAC e-PAYMENT (for Canucks) to my mail:
Q: Why not a formal KICKSTARTER/Indiegogo?
Scope. The stats show that the formal crowd-funding campaigns that tend to be the most successful are related to tech, games, film/TV, and content with established brands (I’m looking at you, Reading Rainbow). This is just a bunch of books – and the funding goal ain’t that high – so I wanted to keep the focus on close friends, industry peers, and hardcore fans of my previous work with this more personal approach.
Now…if the series takes off, and there’s a rabid audience eager to fund the launch of a full blown transmedia experience of the narrative world? Then you’ll see Shadowland on Kickstarter in a big way. Count on it.
Spread the Gospel:
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)