I was the proud creator of this exciting foray into the brave new world of ‘motion comics’, as well as the producer of the award-winning international 4-DVD set (Telefilm/FOX).
Everything about Broken Saints was a ‘hands on’ experience for me, including the smallest elements of brand identity, style, music/audio design, grant-writing, and multi-platform execution.
But it was a fevered passion for the concept, the tech-meets-spiritual themes, the troubled characters, and a uniquely cinematic presentation that set us apart on the post-9/11 internet. In fact, many believe that modern dramas like MR ROBOT and SENSE 8 have more than a little Saints in their DNA…and I wouldn’t disagree.
Our old-school grassroots marketing ended up reaching millions worldwide, and netted attention from the likes of WIRED Magazine, USA TODAY, The GUARDIAN, CBC, G4, CNN, NPR, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, and many more:
- 2010 LIVE ACTION PITCH
- 2007 WORLDWIDE DVD RELEASE from FOX Home Entertainment:
- 2006 CANADIAN NEW MEDIA AWARDS — Producer of the Year
- 2005 HORIZON INTERACTIVE AWARDS — BEST OF SHOW
- 2003 SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL — Audience Award Winner
- 2002 PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS — Multiple FLASH Animation Fetivals
- 2000-CURRENT — ORIGINAL FLASH WEBSITE